King’s Business School is delighted to announce that the Annual Conference of the Qatar Centre for Global Banking and Finance (QCGBF) will be held on 17th and 18th May 2021 at King’s Business School in London.
QCGBF is a research centre dedicated to the study of central banks and the challenges they face in the global environment. It aims to develop cutting-edge research in all areas of central bank policymaking, ranging from monetary policy to financial stability and regulation.
The conference titled “Challenges facing Central Banks in the 2020s” will focus on new directions in central bank research and policymaking. Areas of interest include, but are not confined to:
- Central bank mandates, policy frameworks and governance arrangements,
- Understanding the interaction of fiscal, monetary and macroprudential policies,
- Understanding new and emerging threats to economic stability, including COVID, climate change and new financial technologies,
- Conducting monetary and macroprudential policies in times of uncertainty and
- Data analytics for central banking.
Please note: Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, this conference may be held virtually, but the dates will remain the same.