King’s Business School and King’s College London are delighted to announce the inaugural annual conference of the newly formed Qatar Centre for Global Banking and Finance (QCGBF).
QCGBF is a research centre dedicated to the study of central banks and the challenges they face in the global environment. It aims to develop cutting-edge research in all areas of central bank policy making, ranging from monetary policy to financial stability and regulation.
The Conference, to be held on 17 and 18 May 2021 at King’s Business School in London, will focus on new directions in central bank research and policy making. Areas of interest include, but are not confined to:
- Central bank mandates, policy frameworks an governance arrangements
- Understanding the interaction of fiscal, monetary and macroprudential policies
- Understanding new and emerging threats to economic stability, including Covid, climate change and new financial technologies
- Conducting monetary and macroprudential policies in times of uncertainty
- Data analytics for central banking